Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Really Scorsese?!

I am going to spunk it up tonight and try to make a review that goes something like "Seth and Amy's REALLY?" segment... did I say that right? The following is about Shutter Island, and spoilers ahead. Also, it won't be as funny, because I'm not a comedy writer, AM I?

*SPOILERS AHEAD*
*SPOILERS AHEAD*
I warned you. If you plan to watch and haven't, you should not read!!!

Really Scorsese? You wanted to so badly to create a scary and suspenseful movie that you had to use your intense music in the beginning when it didn't fit?!

Ok, I'll give it to you, you really used the creepy silencing moments where you can barely hear the weird swooshing noise very well. It was pretty creepy and I liked it, but really? Using that and then introducing loud noises like those cheap thriller movies use... Really?

Leonardo DiCaprio was great (Really? Another accented Leo?), and I always love Mark Ruffalo. Michelle Williams was unexpected, and Ben Kingsley seemed right. I guess I have no complaint there, but can we just talk about the story... Really?

I was really loving your conspiracy theory and got really into it. I kept trying to think of past instances in the movie while the movie was still going on, to make logic for what was happening right now. Yeah, that statement I just wrote was really confusing, but you know what sucked about the confusingness of your movie? That it was pointless in the end! REALLY SCORSESE? Did we really need another of those, OH HE'S CRAZY endings? Did you just make me think in circles to aid your need to make this thriller movie. WAS it really necessary? REALLY!

Not only was it just another crazy movie, but did you REALLY have to include that scene with Leonardo DiCarpio and Michelle Williams in the end? It's like you're testing our intelligence! We're not that stupid Scorsese. Afterall, this is our like 5th time of these plots, did you really think you were that special? Really?!

Okay, I give it to you, there's probably new intricacies that haven't been explored before in a these "he's crazy" films, but that doesn't make you special Scorsese. The plot is vaguely familiar and un-new.

The cinematography was pretty good, and the mise en scene. But sometimes I did feel like you were pleasing yourself too much like most of the movie... really? Shots for shots sake... really?

Oh yeah, the classic name scramble to make a new name thing? Really?! I guess it's not your fault, you didn't write the book it was based on... But really?! Made me think of Voldemort although I'm sure Rowling wasn't the first to come up with that.

REALLY SCORSESE? I'm still thinking in circles to try to make sense of why you would want to do this movie so badly. Trying to piece out what good I can, but really Scorsese, stick to what your good at. Really.

I'll give it a 3 out of 4 anyways... pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment