Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wild Things you make my heart sing.

Where the Wild Things Are

This movie... immediately after it started, I already felt this pit in my stomach, an ache in my heart for childhood and it's emotional toll. Max Records was pretty good at displaying all those emotions and it made me irk with uncomfortableness because it's half frustrating to see him that way and half sad cause you can kind of familiarize with him. I was really happy at some parts and really sad at most of the parts, and I think overall it was too much sad and not enough happy. I thought the overall theme was very easy to catch and it didn't take away from the lovable book, but I did think with the movie, it kind of took the easy way out with things especially with the ending. I just didn't feel it was quite right... I still like it. I thought some of the scenes could have managed without the shakiness and dizziness, but most of the scenes were beautifully shot.
2 1/2 out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment