Saturday, November 7, 2009

Short Post about Lying

The Invention of Lying

Before the movie even starts, you get your pure dose of Ricky Gervais during the credits. This movie pretty much is just a movie for his fans. I love Ricky Gervais, but that doesn't mean that I love this movie. I watched it online, a bad quality rip, without watching the full thing on the little screen it was showing on, doing other things. But I did start out watching the whole thing with no distractions, but then it started to get kind of boring. He tries to save peoples lives with lies, and we just see him going around to background music. I guess that's an awe, but it was stretched out a little long and it got kind of corny. I was trying to figure out what about not knowing how to lie makes people so shallow and stupid... but I guess those people were just that way and don't know how to cover it. It made me think a little about what it would really be like, and I wonder if this was a good depiction or not. It is up to your imagination.

It gets a little cliche by the end, but actually, really cliche and I questioned what the point was. It was pretty silly and I like it for the cameos and all the funny parts were basically in the trailers but it was pretty eh otherwise.

2 out of 4. I love Gervais though. He took an idea, but didn't really make it into a unique story like he could have, just used it for the laffs and there weren't that many.

No comments:

Post a Comment