Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Movie Fest!

So, I have a little more than a week off. I decided to take part of this Blockbuster deal which is $10 for a week and you can exchange one movie as many times as you want. I am also reading Harry Potter and hopefully will start The Neverending Story and The Corrections. So... instead of writing my stupid little entries, I'll just write a few thoughts on each movie I watch.

Synecdoche, New York
During the beginning, I just kept thinking, when will the good stuff start? Only to realize that this was all there was going to be, thus I started to doze off a little. I had to start the last 20 minutes over after I woke up. The last 30 minutes is where its at (out of two hours), and that is not really a cool factor in my book. But overall, the story is really complex and I think it calls for a second watching since it is Kaufman material. It plays out a really dramatic and long character arc, which could be very meaningful... But, I only have a week to watch as many movies as I can and milk that Blockbuster teet. I laughed out loud during a few good moments, but not quite memorable were they as say... Eternal Sunshine or Adaptation.

Next up... The Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment